New Adult Repertoire Workshops from Royal Academy of Dance

Michelle_Richer

Adult Repertoire Workshops

These repertoire workshops offer participants the unique opportunity to explore a well-known ballet through dance, music and acting. Following a brief warm up, participants will learn choreography from a selected scene, gaining an insight into the way in which a corps de ballet dancer studies and rehearses. The workshop will also improve both technical and performance skills.

Who can attend: Students aged 18+ who have recent ballet experience and have developed a good technique

Don Quixote

Date: Sunday 17 November

Closing date: Monday 21 October

Venue: Royal Academy of Dance headquarters, London

Time: 10.30am – 1.00pm

Fee: £35.00

Faculty: Darren Parish PDTD, DPBMN

The Nutcracker

Date: Sunday 8 December

Closing date: Monday 18 November

Venue: South East dance Studios, 39 Egerton Avenue, Hextable, Kent BR8 7LG

Time: 3.15 – 5.45pm

Fee: £38.00 (includes screening of The Nutcracker 6.00-8.00pm)

Faculty: Matthew Paluch MA, PDTD (Dist.)

• Like 2

Although I think the prices for these workshops are incredibly reasonable I'm already committed to city academy swan lake workshop on December 1st and a visit to ballet to see R and J on the 7th December so not this time!!

Do you think you will go Michelle? It would be nice to know what the general standard is if you do....or anybody else for that matter. How many on pointe etc.

I might be interested in a post Christmas one if in the London area.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Yes I think I will, I'm checking my calendar as I may be doing City Academy's Master class too, if they confirm the scenes being covered, But I am getting very busy with rep in Nov / dec, I must also allow for my Lincoln show which is a bit wobbly at the moment. I've ask City to Include Odette's Solo in the Swan Lake day too, it is quite doable.

And another reason is I may do the Masterclass which is on the 9th too but also Chelsea Ballet Masterclass will be the following Monday (18th) and that would take preference for me. Can't keep going up and down to London!! So many lovely things to do we are so lucky!!