Elmhurst Junior Summer School 2015

Waltzingmatilda

It's in rooms, mostly twin I think but some singles (dd was disappointed to be in a single room last year)

Dd wasn't wn pointe last year due to some hyper mobile issues. She is this year (she's 13 now) but there were other girls her age who wernt either.

On the Friday parents are invited to a showing of work. This takes place in their thestre. Each group performed a ballet scene & one other dance (jazz, Spanish, etc)

Last year my Dd got a single room with own bathroom and was very impressed with it. Also rated the food very highly and did not need the emergency biscuits. Only drawback is that the junior course is 3 days which she thought was too short. Luckily she is doing the senior course this year which is a whole lovely week.

If you have not done Birmingham before by public transport, we have found the buses to be very expensive and a taxi from New Street Station costs about the same.

My DD will be 12 in Sept & she too is not 'en pointe' as yet & I expect many in the youngest group will be same so not worried! Has anyone had any course info through yet (timetable/faculty list/clothing lists etc)? Thanks

ooh thankyou peanut, picturesinfirelight and nemo!  That good re pointe not being an issue and DD won't be the only 12 yr old not having got them!.  Haven't had anything else peanut since the initial letter offering place and all i have done is send the deposit off so expect we shall here all the lovely extra details soon. Really useful re accommodation too although I think DD would prefer to share or she may feel a little isolated but maybe they all pop to each others rooms hopefully so they don't get lonely.  I think I am over-thinking it all as all a bit new to us!   

Hi all you dancing mums! The evenings are fun too. Last year they invited 2 members of Birmingham Royal Ballet Company to visit - they danced for the children and did a Q & A for them afterwards. A really lovely touch that made this summer school very special. All my Dd could think of was coming back this year. 

This may not be very useful but if you are arriving by train you could consider adding 'plusbus' to your train ticket. This enables you to unlimited travel on the bus. Which works out cheaper than buying an adult day rider ticket and you don't have to worry about having the right change! Admittedly not cheaper if its on your child's ticket as they will only be going one way! If you forget you can add it when you get to New Street. This is the link:- http://www.plusbus.info/jewelleryq

Hi all,

Anyone who needs accomodation for 25th 26th and/or 27th in Birmingham, the jury's inn have a one day sale (today) family rooms with two king beds in, are £49 per night. Cheaper than the budget alternative!!

No but you can buy breakfast on the day usually cheaper, it is nice hotel and with two king beds in each room. We are sharing with another mum and daughter so even cheaper!!! Free parking on street after a certain time. Really nice place with restaurants across the street overlooking canal

• Like 1