Increasing Flexibility in Boys.

Miracle

The best free stretching resource that I know of is Stretching and Flexibility FAQ which is quoted in the references for several books.
This book Stretching for Sport by Bob Smith, is worth getting if you can find a copy. I've had mine for years and it is well thumbed.
There used to be some stretching books to download at http://pdfbook.co.ke/ - I can't confirm if this is still the case as the site is blocked at work :wacko:

Basically you have to work at flexibility in the same way as you work at learning ballet, building strength through weightlifting, martial arts, etc. It takes time and constant practice. I often stretch while I'm watching the TV.

Slow and steady progress is needed. DS has never been flexible (well not in balletic terms). What we have found, is his flexibility gets worse after a growth spurt and takes a while to return, usually just before the next growth spurt! He has found it incredibly frustrating, as it's very much 2 steps forward and 1 1/2 back. At 6 feet and 14 yrs old we are hoping this will now slow right down. I have done stretching courses, bought every book on stretching and gone through every piece of personal experience I can to help him (plus Lisa Howels DVD on stretching). At the end of the day they have to stretch every day, when they are warm and find a stretching regime they are happy to do and can relax with. Improving core strength also helps.

• Like 2

hard work I am afraid! just getting some good exercises and doing them every, every, every day. As Harwel says, slow and steady.

Then they can start posting their stretching selfies on instagram! that's the prize (not a ballet career of course!)

• Like 2