Summer Schools

Hello

This is my first ever post, so apologies if I don't get things quite right.  I wondered if anyone could recommend a good summer school my daughter could audition for.  She's interested in going abroad, but I'm unsure of ages, or prices and don't have a clue where I would find any or this information out. 

Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks

Hello Janeyshell and welcome to the Forum.

I've moved your topic to the more appropriate "Doing Dance" Forum, where you are more likely to get responses.

There are already lots of topics about summer schools.  I used the search tool at the top of the forum page and these are the results:

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

I hope you will continue to join in and share your and your DD's experiences.

• Like 1

If she is interested in schools abroad and you would consider USA then there is masses of info on SIs on the ballet talk for dancers website (and some info on european ones too so worth a browse of that site as well as this)...

you have to make an account to be able to access the SI section of the site but if you are about to jump on the ballet train it will probably be useful anyway!

• Like 1

My DS did his first summer school in the states- he was allowed by his school to go. But I agree schools in the UK have got much more militant about granting leave. But worth asking your school if they would consider being awarded a place at summer school 'exceptional circumstance'. My DD has been granted leave to go and watch DS perform in the Prix de Lausanne- so schools do sometimes recognise ballet as an exceptional thing to do....