News from Elmhurst and RBS

Ellie

I just think as a student at one of the schools it is something to work towards and look forwards too...a masterclass with any ex-principal is exciting and he has been a part of the English as well as American and  French ballet worlds it seems! I wouldn't think of it as a "distraction" from day to day training....obviously normal classes are extremely important, but this is a unique an opportunity to learn something new from a different teacher with a lot of admirable experience, and mix with other students in a different performance environment to YBDY?

However I do think it's sad that the actual YBDY doesn't seem to be happening this year, as with the loss of Ms. Stock I can't think of a better way to honor her and all she did for many young dancers then to hold the real competition that she established ...

• Like 4

I too think this is a lovely opportunity. As with all things, you can't please all of the people all of the time, but given that it's happening I'm sure there are several of us on this forum who will be delighted if our DC are selected to take part. It's a masterclass and a performance opportunity ... and who knows who may be sitting in the audience checking out the talent!

• Like 3

• 6 months later...