RBS Collaborative project with schools - deadline tomorrow (13th June)

Yaffa

Just saw a post about this from yesterday on the RBS website. The deadline for applications is tomorrow (13th June).

From the RBS website:

This innovative dance project is designed to link A Level and BTEC dance students and selected London Secondary Schools with young dancers of a similar age at The Royal Ballet School.

The projects are creative collaborations for a group of pupils who will meet and work with Royal Ballet School students over a 15-week period. The project provides a creative insight to the art form of ballet and culminates in the creation and performance of a new dance piece by all the participants. No previous experience of ballet is required.

http://www.royalballetschool.org.uk/2014/06/invite-schools-take-part-collaborative-dance-project/

Yaffa

Thanks for posting this Yaffa - looks like a wonderful opportunity. How sad that they haven't allowed a realistic time to respond though. I saw this last night, emailed DD's school, have sent the forms in with her that I printed off for her to hand to her PE department. However to ask that all applications be received by today with a clear statement on the form that applications after this date won't be considered suggests that they have preselected and don't want any further applications, when it was only posted on Weds.

My DD attends a large girls secondary school - her teachers will need to also contact and sort out an arrangement with a local boys school in order to put in a joint application ( possible as the two schools are within one federation) - a tall order to complete in one day and return on the same day! Assuming the relevant staff are in of course!

How about calling the school and asking them to confirm? It is possible (I didn't have time to check) that the posting was already advertised elsewhere.. If they have preselected, then there's really no point to rush to get an application in today. On the other hand, if the post is a new one, perhaps they are willing to extend the deadline.

Yaffa

[edited for clarity]

Edited by Yaffa