suede tips for pointe shoes?

xgeorgiaa-xo

DD recently got her first pair of Grishko pointe shoes and I do not know how to darn and I'm very unconfident when it comes to trying to new things so I have decided to buy suede tips for pointe shoes instead. I understand that you have to glue them on, but my question is once you've glued them on, can you take them off? sounds like a silly question but once the fabric has worn away and you cant dance in them anymore, do you need to buy new pointes and then repeat the process or can you somehow take them off then replace them? 

thanks!

I've never known a pair of suede tips wear through before dd grew out of the shoe - but tbh I have been darning them for the last year or two. When she used suede tips, we stuck them on with Gutermann Fabric & Textile glue. If the corner ever started to come unstuck we just re-glued it. You can (with brute force) remove the suede pads if you need to.

Hi

I found these tutorials useful ( a bit long winded though). I use a thinner crotchet thread, but that is my preference, it really doesn't take too long once you are in the routine of backwards and forwards, I find it quite relaxing and a nice way to pass time whilst waiting around for DD. Probably a dance mum fetish !