Tamara Rojo and Ed Watson in (different!) Music Videos

Two music videoes have been released in the last couple of days featuring ballet dancers.

First, Tamara Rojo is featured in the crazily star-studded Paul McCartney video for "Queenie Eye" (alongside Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Kate Moss and many many more!):

(Tamara first appears around 1:20 rocking out and then keeps on appearing throughout.)

Secondly, Ed Watson dances alone in the video for The Feeling's new song "Boy Who Cried Wolf":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbMX8F8TCJA

(It seems from a couple of articles about the video that Arthur Pita choreographed the video - there are a couple of movements reminiscent of metamorphosis!)

Any other dancers infiltrating the music business? I know Misty Copeland danced for Prince in a tour a couple of years ago and McGregor choreographed a Radiohead music video... Any wishes for collaboration?

For the McCartney video, perhaps we should see how many people we can identify (without cheating and looking it up)

From one viewing, apart from the ones you mentioned, I saw Jude Law, Jeremy Irons and I assume the red haired lady is Lily Cole.  I have absolutely no idea who the blonde lady crawling across the piano is - no doubt she is someone extremely famous!

Maybe I am very young and don't remember many before, but it seems ballet dancers are becoming more well-known in the mainstream - Darcey in Strictly, Rojo was in that car advert recently, wasn't she? That sort of thing. It's nice and good. I like :)

Indeed - for Lexus:

Maybe we're finally reaping the benefits of the "Black Swan" effect? :P Or, much more likely, we have dancers who seem to be much more media savvy. It seems like each weekend either the Sunday Times or Telegraph has some mention of a dancer (Off the top of my head: Rojo, Cuthbertson, Watson, Cojocaru...) in some feature (often a "day in the life" or the like in their glossy magazine). I believe Melissa Hamilton was in one of the papers this weekend?

• Like 1