Sleeping Beauty Blu Ray/ YouTube Sound Glitch

I have the Opus Arte Bolshoi Sleeping Beauty Blu Ray and there is a little something funny with the sound. I have also found the full ballet on YouTube and the sound glitch is present there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6551yRjPTk

I would appreciate it if someone knowledgeable on music could have a listen at approx. 0:04:30 to 0:04:33 and see if the buzzing/rattling noise that comes in short bursts is some instrument unknown to me or a fault on the sound track. It does this all the way through at various parts. Thanks.

Edited by Timmie

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a trombone. Listen to Tina Turner singing Son of A Preacher Man on youtube and that 'buzzing/rattling' is all over the place.

Andre

Thanks ballet_dad, I have had a listen to TT and I get where you are coming from with that idea, but I'm not convinced... The one thing I didn't mention was that in 5.1 surround sound the strange noise is from rear right and nowhere else. In stereo it goes to front right. Thanks again for the reply. 

Yes, I think that, by a process of elimination, the 'buzzing/rattling' sound on TT is probably a trombone. It sounds odd, though. Perhaps some sort of special mute was used. I rather doubt that TT would have had a french horn in her band, and I think that a tuba would make a deeper sound.

sounds fine to me, it's just the rasp of a brass instrument as above, not a glitch.  try listening on headphones - if it sounds better, then you may have a problem with your speakers as the bass cones do loosen over time and low frequencies can excite a vibration against the mounting surface which isn't part of the music..  there are usually visible mounting screws around the cones/baskets - see if they will take a gentle tightening, which should fix any vibration.

• 2 weeks later...

I've now heard a similar noise on a Swan Lake CD when listening through headphones so I guess I believe you all now ;)  :D.

The main problem is that with The Sleeping Beauty in 5.1 it comes from the rear right speaker so it’s very noticeable – I’ll listen to this one in stereo in the future.

Thanks all.

• Like 1