Pett Clausen-Knight Thoughts?

Hello all,

I noticed the contemporary dance duo ‘Pett Clausen-Knight’ are showcasing a full length work (Imago) this weekend at Ballet Nights Spotlight in London. Has anyone seen any of their full length works before? 

I am going as i enjoyed their excerpt of the work which was performed at the Ballet Icons Gala

Geoff

Edited by Geoff Whitman
Grammatical error
  • Like 2

I've not seen P C-K live but lots of clips on IG stories make it look as though it should be wonderful.

I very much admired James Pett's dancing with Company Wayne McGregor pre-pandemic.

Sadly I can't get to these performances - I am hoping against hope that they do some other UK dates (I think the smaller Quays theatre at The Lowry would be ideal).

Please let us know what you think.

I’ve also seen only short pieces … at the Icons gala and atprevious Ballet Night’s galas.  

Each one has impressed me with their emotional intensity, musicality and the arc of the choreography.  No idea how just two dancers will sustain this in an hour long programme. 

I am looking forward to it too.  

• Thanks 1

I went over the weekend and the theatre was easy to get to. The gentleman who greeted us at the door was also the host for the evening. He was good fun.

I really enjoyed the show and getting to chat to the dancers after. You feel very close to the dancing in their theatre.

Geoff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1