RBS advanced associates

Hi, following an unsuccessful audition for RBS upper school my daughter has unexpectedly been put on the short waitlist for advanced associates.  Does anyone have any experience of this waitlist or how “short” it is?  Do the dancers that attend this associate class do it in addition to vocational upper school or academic 6th form? Just wondering if it might work for her. Thanks 

My DD has turned her AA place down for various reasons, so hopefully you see some movement. 

It will depend on if the vocational 6th form allows them to do AA on the side.  The email stated you had to have permission from current school.  There maybe some movement because of that.

• Like 1

DD has been short wait listed, but after checking with the upper school she’s due to attend they don’t allow them to do the associates so we’ve had to turn down her place on the list. 
I would think they’ll be quite a lot of movement as some schools have Saturday classes, travel etc 

• Like 1

My daughter is also on the “short wait list”.

Fingers crossed for both of them 🤞🏻

Is anyone happy to say which vocational schools will or will not allow it? DD is undecided with her choices for vocational schools next year, while still awaiting a further final.

• Like 1

We got a response to our email turning the AA place down.  It says someone on the waitlist will get an email today.  

My DD is not allowed to do associates without prior permission and I think the request would be declined.  It doesn’t work logistically anyway and from the timetable I have seen for 6th form, I personally don’t think it would be needed.

• Like 1

On 06/04/2024 at 00:36, JJBalletMum said:

Hi, following an unsuccessful audition for RBS upper school my daughter has unexpectedly been put on the short waitlist for advanced associates.  Does anyone have any experience of this waitlist or how “short” it is?  Do the dancers that attend this associate class do it in addition to vocational upper school or academic 6th form? Just wondering if it might work for her. Thanks 

Can I ask did you DD get through to final auditions? 

17 hours ago, JJBalletMum said:

No, which is why it was a bit unexpected.

We got the same - very confusing! We won't be taking up our place though. We have loved our royal journey for the most part - the way the new programme structure was announced still causes a great deal of anger in me and my views are on the forum elsewhere. However its still RBS and my dd was lucky enough to achieve part of her dream. She moves to Europe in September for upper school training.   

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tiaramum said:

We got the same - very confusing! We won't be taking up our place though. We have loved our royal journey for the most part - the way the new programme structure was announced still causes a great deal of anger in me and my views are on the forum elsewhere. However it’s still RBS and my dd was lucky enough to achieve part of her dream. She moves to Europe in September for upper school training.   

Very exciting Tiaramum! Wishing your daughter lots of joy and success in her new school.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tiaramum said:

We got the same - very confusing! We won't be taking up our place though. We have loved our royal journey for the most part - the way the new programme structure was announced still causes a great deal of anger in me and my views are on the forum elsewhere. However its still RBS and my dd was lucky enough to achieve part of her dream. She moves to Europe in September for upper school training.   

Congratulations to your DD!  We’re still waiting for one last final and then we’ll know where my DD is going.  What a process this has been! 🤦🏻‍♀️

19 hours ago, JJBalletMum said:

Congratulations to your DD!  We’re still waiting for one last final and then we’ll know where my DD is going.  What a process this has been! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thank you. Its been really hard hasn;t it, so much worse than applying for year 7!Good luck with your decision 

• Thanks 1