The Hammond Entrance Exam

Hello, is anyone auditioning for The Hammond for Year 7 over the next few days? We have received an email today to say that we do not have to attend THEI (The Hammond Entrance Interview) as it’s not applicable. Does anyone know what this means? We would require a MDS due to income so it’s not due to that. Just wondering why it wouldn’t be required. Thank you!

I’m following this post as we have been selected for the interview at random. From what I understand is that due to number of applicants they have chosen interviews at random. This will not affect  the audition outcomes or process. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mumoftwogirls2023 said:

@LyndseyJ glad it went well. Feels like a really long time to wait now! Do we know if we might out by email or by post? I know offers for Tring have started to come out today. 

Good luck to everyone! 

Katie told me they would be out by letter so don’t let Arabella sit at the post box everyday around the 9th Feb she said 

yes we got our email re tring today 

So we get a response by letter? I can stop stalking my inbox’s 🙈. My daughter loved the audition process. She came out beaming. Will keep my fingers crossed for her and everyone on here for good news 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Edited by Tania.H

7 minutes ago, Tania.H said:

So we get a response by letter? I can stop stalking my inbox’s 🙈. My daughter loved the audition process. She came out beaming. Will keep my fingers crossed for her and everyone on here for good news 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I believe so that’s what we got told 😀

I’m half deaf, so I just smiled and nodded as if I heard everything 🙈. I’m sure I was told 9th or 12th Feb? I wonder if anyone got an offer on the day🤔

Edited by Tania.H

24 minutes ago, Tania.H said:

I’m half deaf, so I just smiled and nodded as if I heard everything 🙈. I’m sure I was told 9th or 12th Feb? I wonder if anyone got an offer on the day🤔

We had an email to say it would be by the 9th. I know a few got into Tring and have to let them know by the 2nd so they did speak to The Hammond and they said they would try to get them out earlier. 🤞🏻

Does anyone know anyone who is still to audition? I know someone had said they knew someone who was auditioning in Feb as they couldn’t get there in Jan. Just wondering when the last one is as I am guessing they can’t make their decisions beforehand. 

Edited by Mumoftwogirls2023

1 hour ago, Mumoftwogirls2023 said:

Does anyone know anyone who is still to audition? I know someone had said they knew someone who was auditioning in Feb as they couldn’t get there in Jan. Just wondering when the last one is as I am guessing they can’t make their decisions beforehand. 

I thought the last audition date for yr 7-8 was this Monday just gone, so unless they are doing a date with the older year groups I don’t know 

11 minutes ago, LyndseyJ said:

I thought the last audition date for yr 7-8 was this Monday just gone, so unless they are doing a date with the older year groups I don’t know 

Yes the official last one was this Monday just gone but a few (not sure how many) were doing in Feb as they couldn’t make it which is why they said the date would be the 9th but not sure exactly when. 

7 minutes ago, Tania.H said:

I’ve just seen on the Hammond website that there is another audition 25th Feb due to high demand. So I assume we would find out after that date now. 

Oh wow really, well that’s not great for those with Tring placement is it! 

They should send a email out then stating when results will be out, not fair on the kids waiting on results 

1 hour ago, Dance86 said:

I’ve just seen on the Hammond website that there is another audition 25th Feb due to high demand. So I assume we would find out after that date now. 

We had an email to say would find out by the 9th so I think we will and they are just holding more auditions as they still have places available. I could be wrong though.