Royal Ballet WL Y7 Semi Finals: What to expect?

Laura_ballet

This is from two years ago, but there was a simple barre (pliés, tendus, grands battements, possibly développés). In the centre, they did temps levés across the room, pirouettes and sautés in first. There may also have been a port de bras, I don’t remember. They also had to show their frogs’ legs and box splits again. The main difference between the first round audition and the semi-final was how hands on the teachers were. At the barre, the teacher lifted my pupil’s leg to see how far it would go à la seconde, on the request of the audition panel. 

17 hours ago, MissEmily said:

This is from two years ago, but there was a simple barre (pliés, tendus, grands battements, possibly développés). In the centre, they did temps levés across the room, pirouettes and sautés in first. There may also have been a port de bras, I don’t remember. They also had to show their frogs’ legs and box splits again. The main difference between the first round audition and the semi-final was how hands on the teachers were. At the barre, the teacher lifted my pupil’s leg to see how far it would go à la seconde, on the request of the audition panel. 

The same happened this year too