Closure of 'RBS Question' Thread

Sim

May I point out once again, in response to some of the snarky comments in the thread referenced above, we don't lock threads just for the fun of it, nor to suppress discussion or free speech.  As I have said numerous times, if we lock a thread it is for a good reason, such as potential libel, outing of a child's identity, outing of someone's private life, nastiness setting in, reports or threats from external people/institutions/other....the list goes on.  As I have also pointed out, we are not always able to share the reasons for locking a thread, but when we take such action it is not done lightly.  May I also point out (again) that if this forum has legal action taken against it, it us, those who run it, who will bear ultimate responsibility and have to defray all costs.  In these litigious times where people are so easily offended or anything can be construed as criticism or insult, we are having to be extra vigilant.  We are not being paranoid; we know this from bitter experience.  

We have now taken the decision to lock and hide this thread as some of the comments are incendiary and subject to being reported.  It might be an idea for parents or those worried about the RBS to start a discussion group outside of this forum that is closed and private so that you can have free chat without the worry of consequences, since this is a difficult and controversial issue.

So whilst we understand members' frustration if a thread is locked, it is never something we do flippantly.  We would remind everyone that this is a public forum that anyone can read.  Once again, we ask for your understanding in this matter.

Many thanks,

Sim

Chair, BalletcoForum Moderators

• Thanks 1

• Sim locked this topic