London studios

rachaelballet12

Hi Rachaelballet 12! Sorry no one has replied to your post. A number of dancers from my DDs' old ballet school have been to the Northern Ballet Schools SS. They have really enjoyed it, found the level of teaching excellent and the programme varied. They do a show at the end of the week for family to watch in their theatre. A number of these dancers were or were about to start at vocational school the following September, so the standard was good. Can't comment on accommodation as they all commuted by train. If "Flowerdew" sees this post she will be able to give you more information.

NL

• Like 2

Hi my Dd has done the junior summer school at London Studio centre and I would recommend it. Can't help much with the senior except to say that we where impressed with what Dd did and I should think the senior course would just as high a standard.

• Like 1

Thanks for the mention Nana Lily! Several of my students have attended the summer school at Northern Ballet School including my dd who had just completed her first year of 6th form vocational ballet school at the time. My students who have attended have been at different levels,students are assesed at the beginning of the week and put into groups to suit their level. All have really enjoyed it and some have returned for a second time.One of my students was offered a place at the school during summer school which she excepted! The week is a very ballet based course but they do other dance styles too jazz,and a choice between tap & musical theatre, I think gives a good insite of what it would be like to attend the school full time.

• Like 1