RAD “Maddie” leotard size?

Happymum

Hi, I just bought online 2 different leotards, both in size 3, one fits my DD perfectly as expected and then the other, Freed RAD cap sleeve (Maddie) is far too small! Especially too short, doesn’t stretch lengthwise enough. I need to exchange it but do I choose size 4 or 5? The more websites I check for size guide the less I know... some state 3 is adult M, 4 is adult L. Other states that 3 is size 4-6 UK and 4 is size 8-10 UK. Then I found European site which says 3 is child size 10-12 years, 4- adult petit, 5- adult small!!! Which one is correct? We don’t have the option to go and try it on. My DD is rather tall, UK size 8 (sometimes 6). Is there a possibility that there is now a new Freed Maddie Leotard available made from a different fabric than a couple of years ago?  Her old camisole RAD leotard in size 2A still fits, is just a bit tight.

Hi Happymum, I'm a size 14 and wear a size 5 Freed Maddie which I bought last year.  Mine is 90% nylon and 10% lycra. From centre front to bottom, (not stretched and with the ruching undone) it measures 21"/53cms and from underarm to underarm, 15"/38cms. The Maddie is quite structured so possibly not as stretchy as the other type you  ordered. Is her old leotard a Freed? There are a few different brands which are suitable as regulation wear for RAD so it's difficult to compare between them as they all seem to have their own method of sizing. 

On 06/09/2020 at 07:16, Mumofballetmaddaughter said:

Hi Happymum, I'm a size 14 and wear a size 5 Freed Maddie which I bought last year.  Mine is 90% nylon and 10% lycra. From centre front to bottom, (not stretched and with the ruching undone) it measures 21"/53cms and from underarm to underarm, 15"/38cms. The Maddie is quite structured so possibly not as stretchy as the other type you  ordered. Is her old leotard a Freed? There are a few different brands which are suitable as regulation wear for RAD so it's difficult to compare between them as they all seem to have their own method of sizing.