New platform for online private ballet lessons

Irmgard

For those unable to attend summer schools this year or who are just looking for lessons to keep technique in shape until studios are allowed to reopen, this is to let you know of a new platform for online private ballet classes which is being hosted by dancers and ballet masters in the USA but has an international roster of teachers available.  The website is www.mysensei.me.    Amongst the teachers offering private lessons are Audrey Klemm, ballet teacher at the Paris Opera, and Yannick Boquin, freelance teacher who has been guest teacher at the Bolshoi amongst other companies.  I can personally recommend Jurgita Dronina, Lead Principal with English National Ballet and the National Ballet of Canada, as I have been doing her online classes since lockdown began, after not having done anything since I stopped teaching twenty years ago, and I have been very impressed with her method of training (good for all ‘schools’ such as RAD, Cecchetti and Vaganova) and her excellent corrections.  Likewise, Pedro Lapetra of English National Ballet (a fabulous technician), has recently graduated from the Royal Ballet School teacher training course for professional dancers and is also offering private lessons.  Both of them can be contacted via the website or via their own profiles on Facebook and Instagram and I know they will both tailor their lessons to your level and may also consider semi-private classes. 

Hopefully this post does not breach any BCF rules but I feel it is important to let students, parents and professional dancers know what is available during these challenging times.  I have no association with the above website, apart from enjoying the classes they have offered on their other platform, worldwide ballet class, which has generously offered free classes throughout.

Irmgard Berry

• Like 5