Dance Clinic Assessment- Birmingham - Phil Birch

Ti62

Have recently returned from assessment by Phil Birch who has also done clinics at Annette ‘s in Birmingham . Can’t recommend him enough. 27 years with Royal Ballet and has major interest in correct development of younger dancer. Identified old injury of Dd which had led to other issues with ankles, back, hamstring etc. Now  have  plan in place to sort issues. A very positive experience and Phil was so encouraging.Apart from dealing with physical side of things Phil also managed to instil self belief in Dd ability. It is great to make sure developing dancer on right track - not only for injured. 

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

Coincidentally, my dd has had her first physio session with Phil today at his Birmingham clinic. She has been vocational since year 7 with no injuries but this year (6:1) she had been complaining of a niggly back pain. Following a recommendation from another dance mom, we booked her in to see Phil. Literally, within 5 minutes, he had pinpointed the cause of her current back issue as an ankle injury my dd had sustained when she was 5! Some very intense physio followed and some recommended exercises and we are booked in for a follow up in 2 months time. My dd and I were blown away by his knowledge and expertise and he made several things we had observed about my dd but pretty much dismissed suddenly fall into place and make complete sense. He gained our trust very quickly and we both feel super confident that dd's treatment is in the safest of hands. The cost for the assessment and treatment session (which lasted well over an hour) was £75. Well worth every penny imo. 

This is different to the ' screening' service he has recently offered at Annette Nicholson's which I believe is possibly to assess suitability/facility for training (but am happy to be corrected on this). So I guess the service you would seek from him would vary if you were vocational/non vocational, injured/not injured. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Bella said:

Hi, just wondering what happens in the assessment? And what is being assessed if say no injury? And how much does it cost and how long does it take?

Forgot to add, details of the screening service can be found on the Dance Clinic's and Nicholson School of Dance websites.