What would be the best way of contacting ballet patrons?

MageFilms

So we posted in here a few months back whilst researching for a film we're doing with the help of one of the big dancewear brands.

We're looking for further funding to start the project and the idea of connecting with patrons came up. 

A lot of the ballet companies we've researched, leave the patron's full name on their list. 

Any advice?

Instagram, though that might just be my age bracket. Apart from this place, it's the only way I connect with the online dance community and you could continually share snippets of content to try and value-add or entice new people to donate. If you're already connected to one of the big dancewear brands, having them promote the project on social media is a cheap way to attract more people to both the brand and to your project. It's also built in marketing for when the film is funded and heading out to audiences. You could also consider teaming up with them to have a giveaway or competition which will get all those instateens with the massive numbers of followers involved. Or a lot of the dancewear brands already have insta 'ambassadors' so getting them to make a passionate plea may drum up some grassroots support. Sounds like you have the perfect setup for crowdfunding already, and social media/instagram/etc aren't as confined by geographical boundaries as other forms of print media, widening your pool of potential donors. 

Edited by Viv

On 17/09/2017 at 15:47, Viv said:

Instagram, though that might just be my age bracket. Apart from this place, it's the only way I connect with the online dance community and you could continually share snippets of content to try and value-add or entice new people to donate. If you're already connected to one of the big dancewear brands, having them promote the project on social media is a cheap way to attract more people to both the brand and to your project. It's also built in marketing for when the film is funded and heading out to audiences. You could also consider teaming up with them to have a giveaway or competition which will get all those instateens with the massive numbers of followers involved. Or a lot of the dancewear brands already have insta 'ambassadors' so getting them to make a passionate plea may drum up some grassroots support. Sounds like you have the perfect setup for crowdfunding already, and social media/instagram/etc aren't as confined by geographical boundaries as other forms of print media, widening your pool of potential donors. 

Thanks a lot, Viv.

Yeah, utilising ambassadors is definitely one thing we're going to do. 

Ideally we some of the funding to come privately and then the rest crowdfunding.