Anna Aulle (Ol), Russian State Ballet of Siberia

Followers of the Russian State Ballet of Siberia (from Krasnoyarsk), which has toured extensively in the UK for some years now, may be interested to note that its prima ballerina Anna Aulle has been guesting with the Mikhailovsky Ballet. She danced Giselle at the end of June, and was scheduled to dance Kitri opposite former Maryinsky dancer Leonid Safaranov in Don Quixote last night.

I am delighted that this lovely dancer's talents have been recognised in this way, but hope this doesn't mean that her apparent move to a more prestigious company means we will deprived of seeing her in the UK this winter and spring.

James

• Like 1

I was very impressed with the high quality of this company on their visit to Watford last Christmas (despite the tiny stage at the Watford Colliseum) and was happy to get an email today to say that they will be back this year from Dec 13th - 16th with Fille Mal Gardee and Swan Lake. Booking is open and if you are tempted to see them here I recommend rear stalls from the second row where it is nicely raked (not the front stalls or first row of the rear stalls as they are not raked.)