RAD teaching courses

hellokitty

Hello! I have looked at the RAD teaching qualifications on their website and I would like to ask if anyone knows what RAD exams you need to have taken to enrol on a course?

Additionally, do you need to have passed/ gotten a distinction in Advanced 2 to be able to become a RAD teacher at the highest level?

I currently have my Intermediate and Advanced 1 and all grades up to Grade 8.

• Like 1

Hello, hellokitty. Welcome to the forum.

As far as I know, you need a minimum of RAD Intermediate to become an RAD Teacher. Obviously having Adv 1 is a bonus but not strictly necessary. The RAD BA (Hons) course at HQ is auditioned though and teaching an 8 count combination at the audition was also required when a friend applied.

Hope that helps! The RAD hold teaching course open days every so often which might be worth going on.

• Like 1

Hello

You will need Intermediate to be accepted onto the BA Ballet Education course as well as getting through the audition, and at the end of the degree you will be an RAD Registered teacher.

If you choose to do the Licentiate course as well as the BA you will need to pass Advanced 2 within a year of completing the licentiate program in order to use the initial LRAD (Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Dance) after your name. 

I don't know whet the entry requirements are for the Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (also leads to RAD Registered Teacher status) but I hav a feeling you need to have passed Intermediate.