Flower sending etiquette

Loulabelle

Posting this hear as it's not dance but is dancer related, so not sure this is the right place.

I need some advice please.

My DD and I wish to send flowers to a Principal dancer, we want to have them delivered to the stage door (ROH). Is there any particular eiitque I should follow? i.e. Specific supplier, type of flowers, anything that's deemed unsuitable etc.

Also will the dancer get them? (She is likely to receive a lot!) or do they get sent off to a hospital or such like?

I think it's going to cost me a lot of money which I'm happy to spend but not if she doesn't get them.

Thoughts please?

Flower etiquette at the ROH is much less formal than in NYC or Moscow.  In short, there's pretty much none, other than "no flowers on stage if there are none for the leading lady".  Sensible not to include open lilies (or ensure the stamen are cut off if open) and, if the flowers are to go on stage, not to have a cellophane water "bulb".  A flat presentation bouquet is nice (but needs to be quite large to have an impact) though hand-tied bouquets are more prevalent these days (and easier to arrange in a vase).

Flowers delivered to stage door will get to their recipient, provided they are in the house.  If they have a performance, they will usually be presented on stage (see above).

Most dancers take all their flowers home, but a few will give bouquets away if they receive a significant number (I have been a lucky recipient in the past).

I would note that Bloomsbury Flowers will deliver for free to ROH stage door and they will prepare a bouquet appropriately for going on stage (they also know the floral preferences of most of the RB females!).  Other florists are, of course, available.

• Like 9