IDTA boys exam wear?

amum/Cathy

I need to buy new ballet shoes tights etc for ds and while he has always done RAD until now, it looks like he will do the IDTA Intermediate exam, so I am stuck :wacko:

Please could anyone tell me what colour tights/leotards/ballet shoes the boys Intermediate examwear is for IDTA? Also, are they allowed split sole shoes? I can't seem to find this out anywhere on the web and if I ask his teacher I'll feel obliged to wait until next term to get it from her :rolleyes:

There's a lot of flexibility for Idta exams so probably any dancewear he owns would be suitable (any colour/style, split or full soles etc) but the teacher might request particular items so you'll really just have to wait and ask.

Hello,

The wording from the IDTA Intermediate Performers Syllabus reads:

"Male candidates – Leotard and dark tights or unitard, white socks and ballet shoes."

So yes there is flexibility, schools may have preference to fit in with uniform.

Good luck with the exam!

Best Wishes,

RK

• Like 1

Thanks as well RhodaKuc and C4D :)

He won't be doing the exam until next term but it is really helpful to know what the regulations say as I need to buy more kit for him over the summer holidays.

Edited by amum/Cathy
  • Like 1