LC3 on Tour

taximom

LC3 is the dance company for the graduate year at London Contemporary Dance School. This forms in their final term when they act as a company. The students audition for selection into one of 3 pieces which form the core of the big performances. The remainder of each venues programme comprises students choreography which has had to be auditioned. One of the major pieces performs at the Jerwood Dance House Ipswich, tomorrow, another at the end of next week at the Dance House at the Millennium Centre, Cardiff and Alstons Ceremony of Carols performs at Dance City, Newcastle 23rd / 24th June. All pieces are performing around London nearly every day during this time as well in schools and colleges as workshop and public events.

This is a great opportunity for anyone thinking about Contemporary Dance to see the exceptionally high professional standard of these young dancers which also includes some of the original CAT students from The Place and Dance City.

My DD (Nicci) is one of the Alston dancers but is dancing at all the other venues in other students choreography. Anyone at Jerwood tomorrow will see her in Elliot Smith's Trio - she is the small dark haired one, in Cardiff (which I am going to) she is in Elliot's piece and Chris Scott's collaboration piece and Newcastle will see her in Alston, Elliot and possibly Chris's piece as well, plus umpteen performances in between.

Enjoy!!

• Like 4

That's great, thanks for posting these details. We just heard yesterday that LC3 are doing a workshop with the older students at CAT East at the DanceHouse. After that, they will be performing for the students. My dd will look out for Nicci!

Btw, a number of DanceEast CAT students have just got back from an intensive course at the ROH for a project called HotHouse. It is a collaboration of opera, music and dance and will be performed on the main stage in July. Two other CATs are involved (Lowry and the Place) plus lots of young musicians and singers. They had a fantastic time, and are working with some of the RB dancers - as well as Gareth Malone!

• Like 1

The CAT students had a great afternoon with LC3 - they thought the workshop was fantastic and it introduced them to techniques they hadn't done before. They all really enjoyed the performances afterwards and it has really inspired them, enabling them to see what it is they are working towards :)

• Like 2

I will pass that on, glad they enjoyed!! They had a nightmare journey as they arrived at Liverpool Street to catch the Ipswich train at 9.00 to find all trains cancelled! Eventually got to Ipswich at about 12.30! I know the CAT lady there recognised Nicci!