Pointe Shoe Fitting South Yorkshire

VBee

Can anyone recommend any good shops for pointe shoe fitting in South Yorkshire? 

I'm not looking for a particular brand, my current shoes are Gambas but they seem to be breaking down too quickly for me at the moment. I'm not keen on Grishko and Freed, but I'd have a look at any other brands. 

I work all week and I haven't got the time (or money) to travel to London for fittings unfortunately and I need a new pair before my intermediate exam in about 6 weeks. I wondered if anyone knew of anywhere local to me (Sheffield)? I would consider travelling to Leeds if that's the best place to go. 

Hi VBee

If you can get to Batley, near Leeds, I would book and appointment with Planet Dance.  I have always taken my DD there and the point shoe fitting is great.  The only time I went elsewhere (emergency purchase) the shoes were incorrectly fitted and didn't last very long.  You can see the range they have online.  It's best to book an appointment as they are very thorough and take as much time as you need to find the right shoe.  Our first ever pointe fitting took an hour and we had many types of shoe to choose from.

• Like 2

The Planet Dance branch in the Northern Ballet building in Leeds is open til 8 pm most weekday evenings- except for next week when Belinda is on holiday. It is quiet after about 6 pm and she is really helpful. Probably best to book an appointment and see what she has in stock before you go. She will order shoes in from the Batley store for you. Cafe is open til 6.50pm if you need a coffee!

Edited by Yorkshire Pud
  • Like 3

Everything Dance in Doncaster. We travel 3 hours to go there. Only a small shop but two really good fitters. Will not sell you any, unless they find you the perfect pair. They had to order some for my DD so they were absolutely perfect, took a few weeks but worth the wait for the health of her feet! You would need an appointment.

• Like 1