Cecchetti associates for DD

Primaballerina1

Hi all, was looking through forums about Cecchetti associates and I had some questions to ask that were not answered in other forums.

Is the standard high? Can DD audition if she does ISTD (imperial)? How many audition for how many spaces? How much per term does it cost? Is it easy to get to by train? Are the classes good for the amount of money you pay? Are there call backs at the audition or is it just one round you have to get through??

Hi it just depends where you live what area. My daughter did the northern associates for a few years before going to vocational school.

It's fabulous and three levels, they don't go off age they go more off ability, my DD was in seniors at aged 12 and it really pushed her.

Cost was around £170 per year you can pay in 1 go or over the 3 terms.

Northern is based in Warrington not far off the M6, based at KSD

I don't think all the kids who attend are studying cecchetti method.

Hope this helps x

• Like 1

Hi, my DD does the Cecchetti associates in London and she is studying the ISTD (Imperial). You can audition even if you are not doing the Cecchetti syllabus, but from what I have seen a lot of the children appear to come from schools that teach Cecchetti. I think it would be fair to say that it is not as competitive to get in as the MA's or other associate classes although I don't know exactly how many they take in relation to those auditioning. The audition is a straightforward and you just get a letter saying whether you have been successful or not, you have to re-audition each year. I have observed one of the classes and the teaching was excellent. They appear to have a group of well established teachers from what I have seen and there are other classes such as classical Spanish and Irish dancing. She is in seniors but they don't appear to do any pointe work.

The cost is about £180 - can't remember the exact figure and that is for 9 sessions over the year.

The whole thing seems to be very well organised.

With regard to the train -  My DD attends the London based one which is based at the Rambert School , St Margarets is the closest train station - about a 15 min walk and it links to Waterloo I think. We drive and there is plenty of free on-road parking.

Edited by Sandsfoot
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...