Ballet School of the Vienna State Opera

Does anyone have any knowledge/experience? DS has a Senior place there , and has difficulty deciding between staying in Hamburg and going to Vienna. The drawback of Hamburg for him is the heavy prevalence of Contemporary. Any advice?  Thanks

2 hours ago, Boys_can_dance said:

Does anyone have any knowledge/experience? DS has a Senior place there , and has difficulty deciding between staying in Hamburg and going to Vienna. The drawback of Hamburg for him is the heavy prevalence of Contemporary. Any advice?  Thanks

This is just my personal opinion but I would be very tempted to go to Vienna! 

If he’s not happy at Hamburg I don’t think it’ll be a mistake going to Vienna. 

They did get looked into closely in recent years I think for abuse of students. So that is something to look into and consider. But I am sure that’s all sorted now but as a mum I would want to know all the ins and outs! 

17 minutes ago, Boys_can_dance said:

He is very happy and established in Hamburg. He does think, however, Vienna may teach more classical. I suppose it’s a nice problem to have! 

Yes a very nice problem to have! 

If he’s happy and established in Hamburg then maybe not wise to move. Most companies now want a strong classical and contemporary dancer, so it’s probably good he’s doing plenty of contemporary too.