Full sole ballet shoes for exam

I would go for So Danca canvas. They seem very light and flexy.

Leather would be the worst, followed by satin.

Grishko do lovely canvas shoes but no idea if the full sole is flexible. 
You can always roll them up tightly (as in a full arch) and put an elastic band round over night.

• Like 1

I second what @Ruby Foo said. I’ve always found leather full sole not very flattering although people always say full sole is better for working the feet. I personally find the canvas full sole by So Danca the most aesthetically pleasing, for full sole. I might be biased though as we are also partial to their stretch canvas split sole and tights. The worst leather full sole I’ve seen were the Freed ones that used to be (and might still be) on the uniform list for RBS associates. It was an odd colour, not at all flattering and aged really badly.  I’ve never been a fan of satin ones either. I’ve always liked shoes that look seamless shade and shape-wise with tights. Capezio might have something nice that are full sole although they often change stock so I’m not sure these days. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mumoftwogirls2023 said:

Hi my daughter needs a pair of full soles for her exam. She usually wears split soles. Can anyone recommend any, will canvas be easier to break in as only a month until the exam? Thanks 

Check that the examining body doesn't specify satin or satin with ribbons etc.

The details should be on the website or ask your daughter's teacher.  The uppers shouldn't really affect what's happening with the soles.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2024 at 13:33, Ruby Foo said:

I would go for So Danca canvas. They seem very light and flexy.

Leather would be the worst, followed by satin.

Grishko do lovely canvas shoes but no idea if the full sole is flexible. 
You can always roll them up tightly (as in a full arch) and put an elastic band round over night.

Fab we have had so danca before so will get these. Folding them is a great idea, thank you for the tip x 

On 26/03/2024 at 14:51, Roberta said:

Check that the examining body doesn't specify satin or satin with ribbons etc.

The details should be on the website or ask your daughter's teacher.  The uppers shouldn't really affect what's happening with the soles.

No they don’t seem to specify just the dance teacher said full soles but isn’t bothered which so was looking for recommendations. Thank you for the advice x