Moscow Classical Ballet leader and choreographer Natalia Kasatkina passed away (1934-2024)

I’m very sorry to report that the Moscow Classical Ballet leader and choreographer Natalia Kasatkina passed away last night, in Moscow. She and her husband Vladimir Vasiliov co-choreographed many works that they toured throughout the globe, including Vanina Vanini, The GeologistsThe Creation of the World (Adam & Eve), Lysistrata, Mowgli (based on The Jungle Book, w music by the young UK composer Alexander Prior), La Traviata, Rite of Spring, The Fairy’s Kiss, and their versions of all the full-evening Petipa standards. I usually saw the MCB company at the Kremlin Theater, although they had their own theatre - New Kolobov Opera Thrater - near the Hermitage Gardens in Moscow. MCB had a number of excellent soloists, such as Nikolai Chevychelov now and Irek Mukhamedov, Stanislav Issaev, and Vladimir Malakhov in the past.

May she rest in eternal peace!

https://www.oreanda-news.com/en/kultura_i_dosug/people-s-artist-of-the-ussr-natalia-kasatkina-has-died/article1508065/

Edited by Jeannette
  • Thanks 5