UK Students training abroad from 16

Apologies if this has been answered already, maybe someone can point me in the direction...

Auditions next year for Upper Schools, obviously UK is fine but is it possible to train abroad or has being out of the EU scuppered that? Don't want to waste mine or my daughters time looking schools up if it's a non starter.

Thank you

Hi Proud Dance  Dad I think that training abroad is still mostly a viable option, but there are a couple that have been affected such as European School of Ballet in Amsterdam  (a visa only lasts six months if no EU passport so you have to alternate with six months here) and KHIO in Norway which has had to introduce fees for non EU passport holders. This is as far as I’m aware from my research last year - my DD is now training here post 16. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kerfuffle said:

Hi Proud Dance  Dad I think that training abroad is still mostly a viable option, but there are a couple that have been affected such as European School of Ballet in Amsterdam  (a visa only lasts six months if no EU passport so you have to alternate with six months here) and KHIO in Norway which has had to introduce fees for non EU passport holders. This is as far as I’m aware from my research last year - my DD is now training here post 16. 

Oh so they're definitely worth auditioning for then, just maybe a few more hoops to jump through. Thanks 

• Like 1

ESB is a no due to visa, Brussels International Ballet Academy, John Cranko, POB, La Scala, Dutch National are all ok. Definitely worth applying for. Good luck with your choices. Upper School audition season is an adventure on a whole new level. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tiaramum said:

ESB is a no due to visa, Brussels International Ballet Academy, John Cranko, POB, La Scala, Dutch National are all ok. Definitely worth applying for. Good luck with your choices. Upper School audition season is an adventure on a whole new level. 

Thank you very much, very helpful

Dutch National is easy as far as a residency permit. The program is run through Amsterdam University of the Arts. They initiate the process. Then you show financial means to support them, upload passport and other documents and pay fee. Once approved student has biometrics done at a quick 10 minute appointment. Permit is good for about 28 months. After the first year student just needs to confirm online that they aren’t failing classes and still have financial means to stay. The student residency permit also allows them to work. 

Edited by Birdy
Added detail.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Dutch National is easy as far as a residency permit. The program is run through Amsterdam University of the Arts. They initiate the process. Then you show financial means to support them, upload passport and other documents and pay fee. Once approved student has biometrics done at a quick 10 minute appointment. Permit is good for about 28 months. After the first year student just needs to confirm online that they aren’t failing classes and still have financial means to stay. The student residency permit also allows them to work. 

Thank you, this all really helps