What to expect…Elmhurst finals?

Laura_ballet

2 hours ago, Laura_ballet said:

The email states 4hrs on the 1st day and 6hrs on 2nd day . They did inform more information will follow however i am impatient and would love to know a bit more if anyone has any knowledge from last year!! 

Last year they were split into groups on day 1. My DD had a physio assessment first followed by a “Getting to know you” type interview (child & parent) then there was a ballet class. 
Day 2 they were rearranged into different groups. Had a tour of the school, classrooms, boarding houses, Bistro etc 

Then there was a presentation in the theatre from key staff and then a ballet and contemporary class. My DD loved the 2 days at finals and felt at ease

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Laura_ballet said:

Thank you @Adagio123 any idea what parents do during this time? 

Parents are expected to be there for the majority of it, the interview, tour, presentation but the email did ask for parents to leave site whilst they had their ballet classes but it was really bad weather last year so we stayed put. If they insist on leaving this year, there is a Costa not far away and also Canon Park and Midlands Art Cent (MAC) which has a lovely cafe that does lovely food. Also to add, the timetable for day 2 did not come through until the end of day 1 after they had been seen. It may not follow the same process this year but will give you an idea. Also the “getting to know you” was just an informal chat with one of the teachers asking why they chose Elmhurst and what they think might be difficult being away from home etc

Edited by Adagio123