International Summer School Italia

I would be grateful to hear about personal experiences of DCs who have attended this summer intensive in the past (especially the junior, age 13-15 group). The information says classes are from 9am-6pm with a gala on the last day. How did your DCs find the standard of the class? Are class sizes big? Was it easy to find accommodation? What is the venue like? Is the area (Volta Mantovana) easy to get to? Are classes conducted in English? Any information and feedback would be appreciated :)  Just trying to gauge if it would be worth my DD doing this intensive this summer too. It’s the first time she’s doing intensives in a few years and is already also going to do a week each of Masterclasses in Prague and White Lodge SI. Worried it might be too much for one summer or that she might be out of her depth especially since she only dances in the weekends and does no classes during the week at all.

Hi Neverjustadancemum is this the YAGP summer intensive? I don’t know much about it but there are videos etc online and I think it’s often a prize at YAGP competitions. My DD has a scholarship to something similar this summer, also in Italy. I think they both include master classes with ADs from top European schools although I don’t know which ones specifically for this year. For example from places such Dutch National, Princess Grace etc. I think it would be a good experience for her if she wants to explore what these teachers offer - there might be several different ones over the week. I think the other dancers are likely to have won their places to be on these intensives so you’ll get a good idea of the standard internationally. 

1 hour ago, Kerfuffle said:

Hi Neverjustadancemum is this the YAGP summer intensive? I don’t know much about it but there are videos etc online and I think it’s often a prize at YAGP competitions. My DD has a scholarship to something similar this summer, also in Italy. I think they both include master classes with ADs from top European schools although I don’t know which ones specifically for this year. For example from places such Dutch National, Princess Grace etc. I think it would be a good experience for her if she wants to explore what these teachers offer - there might be several different ones over the week. I think the other dancers are likely to have won their places to be on these intensives so you’ll get a good idea of the standard internationally. 

I think it is! I sometimes get confused by this one and the Nervi one. It does look good, classes seem big but the teacher line up is pretty great. I’ve seen some videos and photos and I do think the standard will be quite high.