Rambert summer intensive

sunrise81

Hi......my dd is interested in Rambert at summer. What is it like as an intensive? She loves YBS and has a scholarship place there, and finds they work hard there. RBS is on waiting listfor this but did it last year, and tbh didn't find the days as intense as YBS. How does Rambert compare? How much ballet and pointe will a Year 9 do? Is there a good balance of contemporary too? 

Thanks!!!

hi ! i did summer school there last summer and it was amazing ! I'm not sure what the junior one is like as I have only done the senior one, and i am also unsure as to how it compares to ybs,  but I had 1.5 hours of ballet, contemporary and creative, and 45 mins conditioning and 30 minutes of pointe and virtuosity. you do ballet all morning, contemporary all afternoon and days lasted from 9am to 5pm. i found the classes to be focused and intense but extremely fun and I'd 100% say it is worth it and a very good summer school to experience, but the class difficulty definitely depended on the teacher, especially in pointe. i hope this was of any use to you !

• Like 3