RAD Scholars program?

Alexandra84

My daughter has been attending the senior scholars this term, she has really enjoyed the classes. It was invitation only and wasn’t a large class. It’s un set work which she likes and a mix of boys and girls. The teacher for the junior scholars is equally lovely as well. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, PMum said:

My daughter has been attending the senior scholars this term, she has really enjoyed the classes. It was invitation only and wasn’t a large class. It’s un set work which she likes and a mix of boys and girls. The teacher for the junior scholars is equally lovely as well. 

Thank you so much for your answer.
It sounds like it’s a very interesting program, she was selected to attend the junior scholars program.

Has anyone visited your daughters class and offered performance opportunities?

Thank you again for all your help.

Pardon my intrusion in an area that I rarely visit, but these invitations mentioned - would these have been to youngsters already participating in one of the RAD Associate programmes?  And if so, do they then drop out of the Associate programme to concentrate on the Scholar classes?

8 minutes ago, Ian Macmillan said:

Pardon my intrusion in an area that I rarely visit, but these invitations mentioned - would these have been to youngsters already participating in one of the RAD Associate programmes?  And if so, do they then drop out of the Associate programme to concentrate on the Scholar classes?

Hi Ian,

I don’t think RAD has an associates program, I am guessing the scholars program is something similar.

My daughter does her normal ballet classes in RAD and that’s how they got to see her and select her.

My daughter was attending a regular weekly RAD class in the London headquarters and was invited to the scholars class from there.
The RAD did mention that they would be offered performance opportunities, she’s only done one term so far. She did take part in the opening of the new building. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PMum said:

My daughter was attending a regular weekly RAD class in the London headquarters and was invited to the scholars class from there.
The RAD did mention that they would be offered performance opportunities, she’s only done one term so far. She did take part in the opening of the new building. 

brilliant! Thank you very much for your help 🤗

My interest here is simply that there was a Scholar programme back in the 1950s and I was wondering if today's was at all similar.  In outline, it was a 5-year thing (provided you kept passing at each year's end) from about age 10, with auditioned entry.  I gather there was a midweek class and a longer Saturday that included dance and lectures.  There were also some regional centres offering the same things and, once a year, there was a week's get-together for them all.  But this doesn't sound much like what's happening now to me.