Interview with Tiler Peck, principal at NYCB

I am a subscriber for the very interesting Interview series/website "The Talks". Subscription is for free, and they have lots of interviews with artists of all kind, so I recommend to check their site out. Today, I got the link to an interview with Tiler Peck. 

What made me gasp is the following she said about becoming a dancer:

"I think the hard work definitely paid off. My grandmother drove me three hours to dance and three hours back from age six to age 11. I would do my school work in the car on the way there and then get home at like 11 o'clock at night, five days a week for many years." 

Grandmother...hats off to you!❤️

Link:

https://the-talks.com/interview/tiler-peck/

Edited by Sabine0308
  • Like 4

Tiler must be one of the most versatile ballerinas in the world- I don’t think there is a single genre of theatre dance she can’t do brilliantly- ballet, musical theatre, tap, hip hop, jazz etc etc. She’s been learning dance since she was two (she appeared in the 2001 film Donnie Darko as one of the girls in the dance group led by Mrs Farmer). 11pm is a long day for 6 to 11 years old! Extraordinary dedication from both her grandmother and from Tiler! Her work ethic is reportedly the same even as an adult now. 

• Like 2