JA National skirt hem

Balletgirlsplease

Anyone know who has made these before if I can machine the hem of the skirt rather than hand stitching? I have finished bar turning up the hem which goes on forever 3x 44 inches! It doesn't specify in the instructions and as they are so specific about other things like not using Velcro for the belt I presume it's ok??? I'm probably worrying over nothing but don't want to be asked to redo it!!

Edited by eloise_please

Hi. I did sew the hem on my daughters skirt and yes it did take hours!!! However, I noticed several mums had used a sewing machine and so this is obviously acceptable. Just make sure the skirt skims the floor when your daughter is kneeling up wearing it. Our JA teacher used to ask all the girls to kneel up in front of her to check this in the first lesson.

• Like 1

Anyone know who has made these before if I can machine the hem of the skirt rather than hand stitching? I have finished bar turning up the hem which goes on forever 3x 44 inches! It doesn't specify in the instructions and as they are so specific about other things like not using Velcro for the belt I presume it's ok??? I'm probably worrying over nothing but don't want to be asked to redo it!!

I used the iron on wonder web stuff to take my DD's hem up, it has stayed up a full year now and I know if she needs it taking down if and when she grows I can just replace it.

Ax

• Like 3