Query about grishko rehearsal tutu

Skinted

I've found 2 websites that appear to stock the same Grishko practice tutu. I just wondered if anyone has used either of the sites as it appears there is almost £70 difference between them and I'm wondering if there is a reason for this and if it is in fact the same tutu!

Grishkoshop.com has the tutu available at the cheaper price and it appears you have to fill in all the dancer's measurements then the tutu comes from Russia.

Ballet pro.co.uk has the more expensive tutu and it doesn't appear to ask for measurements, but instead offers a range of sizes to choose from.

I'd appreciate any advice re these 2 options as I really don't want to make an expensive mistake!

Thank you.

I ordered dd's Grishko tutu from BalletPro last year and from memory you can order a standard stock item from them, which if it doesn't fit, you can return. I think they also do a bespoke service with measurements that they then order and takes about 6-8 weeks to come from Russia. With the latter option they send a chart indicating the measurements they require. We did dd's measurement and concluded that a small would be fine, which it was and fits perfectly. I personally was a little wary of sending measurements to Russia and then receiving something that may not be quite right, which I would then be stuck with. BalletPro were very good and as I ordered a size they had in stock, I had the tutu in a matter of days. It arrived well protected and boxed up. Did also invest in the Grishko tutu bag which is great.

• Like 1

Thanks moneypenny for your information. I know what you mean about being wary of receiving something from Russia which you may then be unable to return... It's just the price difference that's making that option seem more attractive if you know what I mean. The problem is I don't yet know of anyone who has used that company so it's a bit like venturing into the great unknown and it's too much money to get it wrong! Hmmm, I'll need to think a bit more about it...

Thanks moneypenny for your information. I know what you mean about being wary of receiving something from Russia which you may then be unable to return... It's just the price difference that's making that option seem more attractive if you know what I mean. The problem is I don't yet know of anyone who has used that company so it's a bit like venturing into the great unknown and it's too much money to get it wrong! Hmmm, I'll need to think a bit more about it...

Hello Skinted ! I recently ordered ballet shoes and warm up boots from Grishko Russia. They probably took about 5 weeks to arrive (customs hold up included) The boots were great, the shoes too small. I've sent them back and they will send a different size. If you haven't got time on your side you'd probably be safer sticking to Ballet Pro, but personally I can't fault the customer service at Grishko (so far at least !) and yes, the price difference is considerable (postage is free). Hope this helps. x