Chelmsford Ballet Company

dancing10

I have no dancing children but I am proud to be a non-dancing associate of that company even though I live 200 miles away.

I have seen two of their productions and enjoyed them both.  I think I have reviewed those shows somewhere on this forum and if I have not you will find a lot of articles about the company on my blog.

It says a lot for a company that can première a new work by Christopher Marney who is one of the company's patrons   The other is Doreen Wells.   I have a lot of time for company's chair Marion Pettet and its artistic director Annette Potter.

If you want to find out more about the company you could attend the AGM or ask to view a company class on the first Monday of most months. You could also see one of their shows. They usually do a Christmas show with Brentwood Choral, a children's workshop called "Let's make a ballet" and an annual show at the Civic Theatre in March. This year it will be The Sleeping Beauty.

• Like 1

My dd danced with Chelmsford Ballet Company for many years and I cannot praise them highly enough. DD went on to vocational school at 16 and has danced professionally but still keeps in contact with them and we always watch their main production. Feel free to PM me if you would like.

• Like 1