Ballet summer schools in Germany

sleep123

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of any summer schools in Germany? My 14 year old daughter (currently grade 8 RAD) is studying GCSE German and I thought it would be a good way of improving her linguistic skills whilst doing something she loves! Any information would be gratefully received.

I'm afraid I can't answer your question, however well done to your dd on having the drive (and guts) to go abroad for a summer school. When I suggested the same to my dd earlier this year, her look said it all! I thought it would be a fantastic opportunity for her to brush up her french and for us to have a holiday over there - but no. Even when I pointed out that her ballet classes are all in french anyway, that didn't seem to help!

Good luck in finding a suitable course.

Millie

The problem is how international they are. If they are then English will most likely be the used language. Years ago my son did one in France and stayed with a french family and that was great. I think the Palucca School in Dresden do one and you could check the Heinz Bosel in Munich. The State Ballet School in Berlin is holding one which the director of The Dresden Ballet is teaching at however he is Canadian. So it is a minefield. Mind you if they are housed with local families that could be very useful. Sorry not to be more help. Dance Europe has lists of summer schools so maybe the best would be to ring and ask if they expect to teach in German. hope you find something.