Late offers of MDS stories

Just after some positive stories as I continue the wait of hoping my daughter gets offered funding. As time races on I’m getting ready to face facts that it might not come but just wondering if anyone has any stories of funding becoming avalible this late in the year to keep me positive? 

12 minutes ago, Dancemum100 said:

Just after some positive stories as I continue the wait of hoping my daughter gets offered funding. As time races on I’m getting ready to face facts that it might not come but just wondering if anyone has any stories of funding becoming avalible this late in the year to keep me positive? 

My daughter made year 7 finals for a ballet school a few years ago. She got a no after the audition in the March. They didn’t have waiting lists then. 
In June her local ballet teacher invited her and her older brother, who had only been dancing for a year, to a ballet class with an RAD examiner. It was for local ballet teachers to watch their pupils being taught the new syllabus. Sort of teacher training. We agreed to drive the 150 mile round trip for the hour long class with no agenda. The only thing my daughter’s teacher said was to ensure her bun was neat and her shoes clean. I was rubbish at doing hair and my children often turned up at ballet straight from rugby or cross country 🤣 

They did the class. Afterwards, their ballet teacher spoke with me and said that the teacher had been very taken with my son and daughter and wanted to know why they had not auditioned for the school at which she taught. She was informed that my daughter had auditioned, had made finals and had received a no. The teacher said that she had been on the audition panel and had not noticed her at all but would be returning to the school to review her application and the filmed audition and provide feedback. 
Two days later I was telephoned by the teacher. She had showed the footage to the AD and admitted that they had overlooked her. She was offered a place with an MDS to start in the September. 
And my son was offered to attend RAD classes and then associate classes on a Saturday. He later auditioned for US and has been a professional ballet dancer for 5 years. My daughter trained at that school for 8 years before Covid hit in her graduate year and she couldn’t travel to take up her ballet company contract in the US so changed her career pathway. 
That one ballet class changed all of our lives. 

• Like 7