Sarasota Ballet Community Engagement Programs: 'Dance for All 2023'

I wasn't sure quite where to put this, I'm sure if it's in the wrong place 'the mods' will move it. Or disappear it 😐 😉😏

Newly published on its YT channel (this is an embedded link) I found this short film from Sarasota Ballet engaging, inspiring and actually, quite moving. SB has a full, rich and something for almost everyone community engagement program(me).

Well worth a little of your time.

What a wonderful company! I hope its visit to London brings it the wider audience it clearly deserves.

• Thanks 1

I've been going through the Sarasota Ballet's official 'channels', there is so much very good stuff there and a great deal of it has had relatively few views. The Balanchine ones are the exception, though I suspect that's because anyone doing a google search for the name brings those up. 

https://www.youtube.com/@thesarasotaballet/videos

What an amazing achievement this company is.  Also, its small theatre is beautiful. Lucky Sarasota!

https://vimeo.com/704233033?ref=tw-share 

I'll highlight this one. At the time of posting it's only had 110 views in six months, which is a shame. Link is an embedded one and you can go straight to the official YouTube channel from it.

Costumes with Jerry Wolf - Sir Kenneth MacMillan Danses Concertantes. One word, weird. The costumes, not Jerry!

Jerry Wolf is Head of Wardrobe. I'm envious.

Here he is on designing for a new ballet, from the official Vimeo channel

In preparation for the World Premiere of Ricardo Graziano's Sonatina, we spoke with Jerry Wolf, Head of Wardrobe for The Sarasota Ballet, on the design process behind the creation of Sonatina's costumes.

• Like 1