Summer Courses

hellogoodbye

Can anybody recommend some good summer ballet courses for age 9 in London? DD's booked out for a few weeks so looking for something that falls on the right dates for us that will be fun as well as work on her technique. And of course something that's not £700!!!

The deadline for some summer schools may have passed, I think. My daughter did London Children's Ballet summer school three times - the senior one, that is, but they do have a junior one for ages 9+. According to the website it's full for this year but it does suggest contacting them to ask about a waiting list: http://www.londonchildrensballet.com/training/summer-school/

Central School of Ballet used to do a course for younger ones - I'll have a look at their website to see if they're still doing it.

Edited to add: Yes, it's their Summer Dance Blast: http://www.centralschoolofballet.co.uk/ssccourseoutline.php

• 1 month later...

My DD is doing LCBs junior summer course which is for girls aged 9-12, she is twelve and they categorize the groups into ability A- being the easier work and B- the harder work. They do ballet/technique, LCB repertoire, jazz, musical focus, makeup skills and body conditioning (I think that's it). At the end of the five day the girls do a performance to their parents to show them what they've learnt. They also have demonstrations and Q&A sessions with well-known Royal Ballet and ENB principal dancers!

this is DD's first time doing it but she is really looking foward to it.

It is held at the end of July and sometimes the beggining of August from mon-fri and they days are usually 7 or so hours long! It cost £270 ( don't quote me) for the full week.

Hope this helped!!