Ballo/Sylphide ticket deals?

Performances on Saturday 26 May at 19:00,

Thursday 7 June at 19:30 and Friday 15 June at 19:30

BOOK ONLINE and type 'oltballo' into the 'Do you have a code?'

box and click 'Update'

OR CALL THE BOX OFFICE ON +44 (0)20 7304 4000

and quote 'OLT Ballo offer' when booking.

This is the offer I've used but I rang up. Couldn't get the code to work on line and neither could the ROH guy.

Yes, but what's the offer? Is it affordable? :)

Here's the offer:

SPECIAL OFFER FOR OLT READERS

TOP PRICE TICKETS ONLY £50 (USUALLY £91, £85 AND £83)

BOOK THIS SPECIAL OFFER NOW

Performances on Saturday 26 May at 19:00,

Thursday 7 June at 19:30 and Friday 15 June at 19:30

BOOK ONLINE and type 'oltballo' into the 'Do you have a code?'

box and click 'Update'

OR CALL THE BOX OFFICE ON +44 (0)20 7304 4000

and quote 'OLT Ballo offer' when booking.

Although I had no intention of paying £50 for a ticket I just did a dummy purchase and it worked. After you've clicked on the chosen date you have to put 'oltballo' into the 'do you have a code' box. You then click on the area you're interested in, choose a seat and two prices come up at the side - the full price and the OLT price. You presumably have to click on the OLT one and put it into your basket.

Edited to say that I just went back to it and it only appears to work in the Orchestra Stalls. The days I looked at had £83, £85 and £78 seats left. Interestingly, the reduced price of £50 only came up for the £83 and £85 seats. The £78 didn't reduce!

TOP PRICE TICKETS ONLY £50 (USUALLY £91, £85 AND £83)

TOP PRICE TICKETS ONLYUALLY £91, £85 AND £83)

Edited by Bluebird

I wish they would do more of the student/graduate standby tickets when things like this don't sell out. Maybe they still do a lot of student ones, I don't know, but I used to get them fairly often. Since signing up to the graduate standby scheme when I sadly had to relinquish the student one, I've only had maybe 2 offers of cheap tickets. The graduate offers aren't as cheap as the student ones used to be (I remember seeing Ondine from the front row of the Orchestra Stalls for £10!) but if they did a graduate standby offer for £20 tickets in the OS I would jump at the chance. I can't pay £50 though, even if it is half price. Not that it matters on this occasion as I'm going to a wedding on Saturday (I bet this will now be the one time they do offer graduate/student standby tickets!)

Edited by JaneL

JaneL, the Saturday matinee has sold very well. I doubt that there will be any offers of any kind for this. Why has this performance sold so well? Is it the time of day or the lower prices for the tickets? IMO, the prices are a bit steep for the evening performances given the programme.

It's probably because it's a matinee, plus a bit because it's effectively Rojo's last major leading role, I'd guess.

If anyone comes across any more affordable deals, I, like aileen, would be pleased to know. They didn't appear to be doing a student standby last night, but then it *is* right in the middle of exams, I suppose.