RAD Advanced 2 ballet classes

ballemum

Hi all

Does anyone know of any rad advanced 2 ballet classes around. My dd passed her advanced 1 but iur school doesnt have a teacher to teach advanced 2.

I could take her to battersea but thats a long journey.

We are in the west london area

Thank you in advance

• 2 weeks later...

It's worth going to Battersea for the RAD's Vocational Syllabus classes - really helps with the vocational grades exam preparation. They are usually taken by an examiner. We travelled up from Wiltshire as there is absolutely nothing in the area for more advanced students - well worth the trips though!

• Like 1

Harlequin in Worcester and Carmichael in Telford both offer classes at advanced grades but I am not sure if you can attend on a drop in basis or not. When my DD was in advanced 1 her teacher talked to an examiner who then organised a few sessions in Birmingham for some Midlands based students. As well as those mentioned there were students from Stoke and Wolverhampton so there must be schools there that cater for RAD advanced classes too. We were and still are under the impression that when it comes to the advanced RAD grades that one school seems to gain students from all the 'nearby' schools before there are enough students for classes to go ahead. DD took some adv 1 classes at a different school - they had abut 14 in adv 1 and 8 in adv 2 and explained that over half the students had only joined them at advanced.

Thank you all for your suggestions i knew about rad as my dd has done exams there but she didnt want to travel that far as gcses next year. Luckily one of the younger dance teachers at her school have said she would hopefully be able to teach her from september. So fingers crossed