Osipova Giselle ABT

I'm sure it might have done, Bruce.  Thanks for the clarification.  I think a few people might have been annoyed if McRae's name had remained on the ROH website casting well after it was known that he wouldn't be dancing in Song of the Earth.

I see they're still hopeful that Osipova can make her later dates.  It's a shame she's injured, but I imagine that Washington balletomanes, at least, will probably have had chances to see her previously.

I see they're still hopeful that Osipova can make her later dates.  It's a shame she's injured, but I imagine that Washington balletomanes, at least, will probably have had chances to see her previously.

Very true - with both the Bolshoi and ABT, and they'll know Sarah Lamb from Boston Ballet (she's a Boston born girl after all) and the Royal's cinema broadcasts over time.  

Edited by Bruce Wall

I was present at the May 28 performance.  McRae was superb, both as a strong, reliable partner and as a soloist.  The audience recognized this borth during and after.

As for Osipova, her second act, up to her fall near the end, was both brilliant and profound.  It's frustrating not to be able to find ou how

she's doing.

• Like 2

NATALIA OSIPOVA TO WITHDRAW FROM PERFORMANCE OF

ROMEO AND JULIET, WEDNESDAY EVENING, JUNE 17, DUE TO INJURY

Due to injury, Natalia Osipova, a Guest Artist with American Ballet Theatre, will not perform the title role in Romeo and Julietscheduled for Wednesday evening, June 17 at the Metropolitan Opera House, it was announced today by Artistic Director Kevin McKenzie. 

Ms. Osipova sustained an injury during a performance of Giselle this season with American Ballet Theatre.          

“We are hopeful that Natasha will take the time she needs to fully recover,” said Mr. McKenzie.  “I join the entire Company in sending her our very best wishes.”

American Ballet Theatre’s 2015 Spring Season at the Metropolitan Opera House continues through July 4, 2015.

• 1 month later...

Another "Giselle" was danced by Osipova last Friday not at ABT but at Stanislavsky Theatre in Moscow - with Sergei Polunin. The audience was overwhelmed, “demanded” 11 curtain calls and gave them 19 min. standing ovation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijioaVyxD0U&feature=youtu.be

Edited: Video added.

Edited by Amelia
  • Like 4