Elmhurst induction day and September start

Happymum

Don't forget you have £682 uniform allowance on the MDS. We kitted dd out with everything she needed at the induction day and still were able to get things for the following year at the end of the summer term. It goes a long way before they start wearing lots of pointe shoes or soft blocks.

That's all very helpful! Thank you. I hope that there will be a second hand stall on the induction day :-)

Off to search M&S website for navy joggers and Debenham's for flesh, seem free pants....

As a current parent have not heard anything about a second hand stall. Can't imagine Dancing Boutique being impressed!

• Like 1

I've never seen a second hand stall either !

We usually pass on our outgrown uniform by word of mouth which is why we formed a parents face book group for our year group . Also you may find some ads on here .

There also a face book Elmhust travel buddies group to help with organising travel with older school mates when needed !

Totally confused now! I've heard that seem free pants are useful and..... that girls are not allowed to wear anything under their leotard!! I think that it might be different for every year groups so I'm sure I'll be told what are the requirements for the Y7 on the induction day.

Shame about the second hand stall. Off to search the "items for sale" forum...

Fist reply from a year 8 Mum

Question on behalf of new yr 7 Starters in sept - can the girls wear seamless flesh coloured undies under their Leo's - or is it not allowed ?

Answer :-

"Yes as long as it doesn't show but you'll find they end up not bothering as tights serve same purpose x"

We also found the MDS in year 7, 8 & 9 goes a long way. I bought my DD 1 set of uniform on her MDS at induction day, bought pointe shoes, and canvas shoes during the year and also had plenty left at end of year to buy leotards and belts for year 8 and stocked up on tights and canvas shoes with anything we'd left (actually rang supplier while we were at school picking her up on last day of term). I also bought some second hand so she had plenty of spare uniform and leotards. Bought her formal uniform second hand as this isn't covered by MDS and it still fits and hoping she'll get year 10 wearing it  and as well. I'm sure we have out grown items -  made be fleece, polo shirts, some year 7 and 8 leotards small sizes, and character skirt if anyone would like to send me a message I'll gladly check what we have. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say to everybody attending tomorrow's induction day - have a lovely day! And safe journey :-). I know that some are traveling today and staying in a hotel, for us it's an early start tomorrow - can't wait! And my DD is so excited! We are slowly starting to believe that it's really happening!

• Like 3

I'm so jealous of you all starting out on this exciting time.  Wish I could turn the clocks back (well, sometimes....)

I had to attend the Elmhurst induction day without my son as he was performing at The Linbury with the RBS and they wouldn't release him (despite the fact that they had decided they didn't want him any more by assessing him out - still rankles a bit, can you tell?!).

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 8

I have some Bloch boys tap shoes 7.5 american size. I think that is 4 uk? Worn for 2 terms only, needs 2 screws though and laces as my ds put elastic in them so he could slip them on and off quickly.

I also have a pair of size 11/12 no size in them. They are virtually new.

If your in London you can pop round and try them before buying new ones or drop of at Elmhurst when I drop son off.

I live in between St Pauls (2 stops from Holborn) and the Barbican 2 stops from Kings Cross.

Edited by Spax