Elmhurst induction day and September start

Happymum

I tried to find an old thread but thought it's better to start a new one for new parents of DC starting Elmhurst in September.

My DD received a letter from her guardian angel a couple of days ago. She is so excited! We all can't wait until the induction day. The lovely girl currently in Y7 sent a couple of little presents for my DD as well, and her mum's email address so I can contact her with all my questions. Such a lovely idea :-)

At the moment my DD is growing like mad so not sure if I should buy her uniform on the induction day or wait until after summer.

I'm looking forward to meeting the other balletco parents on 13th :-)

• Like 5

If Elmhurst have a second hand stall like WL has then I would definitely buy at induction and allow for growth. Every item 50p - huge savings!!!!

Enjoy your day - WL was fantastic and my dd has made loads of friends already. Very exciting.

On induction day the dance supplier will be there and your DD will be fitted for the uniform. We came away with lots of bags!!  Don't worry - if your DD has a growth spurt over the holidays, she will be able to exchange it at the beginning of term.  I waited until the last week of the holidays before I labelled any uniform.  If you can buy a secondhand blazer and skirt you will save lots of money - they don't wear it a lot. I got one last year via ballet forum  Likewise if your DD has jazz and tap shoes that still fit her she can take those to school. Enjoy induction day!!

If you keep checking on the for sale section on here you at we'll find some second hand items on sale !

We have loads of boys stuff grown out of if you know anyone with a boy starting !

I do, Billyelliott - I might suggest the boy in question's Mum joins the forum!

• Like 2

On induction day the dance supplier will be there and your DD will be fitted for the uniform. We came away with lots of bags!! Don't worry - if your DD has a growth spurt over the holidays, she will be able to exchange it at the beginning of term. I waited until the last week of the holidays before I labelled any uniform. If you can buy a secondhand blazer and skirt you will save lots of money - they don't wear it a lot. I got one last year via ballet forum Likewise if your DD has jazz and tap shoes that still fit her she can take those to school. Enjoy induction day!!

Yes I plan to buy second hand skirt and blazer as I've heard that they don't wear it too often.

I didn't realise that any jazz shoes and any canvas ballet shoes are permitted, I thought that they all need to wear exactly the same shoes. But that's great as my DD after years of searching has finally found ballet shoes which fit her perfectly (of course the most expensive ones we ever bought :-( ).

Slightly off topic - I've heard about a girl who was offered a Y7 place from the waiting list only a day ago! So it does happen! Hope for this who are still waiting this year or in the future :-) and that will free up an MA place for smbdy else.

• Like 1

We buy all our canvas ballet shoes online - as long as they are canvas and the right colour they are fine - and much cheaper that way .

The Dancing Boutique don't supply the same brand all the time anyway!

Edited by Billyelliott

If you keep checking on the for sale section on here you at we'll find some second hand items on sale !

We have loads of boys stuff grown out of if you know anyone with a boy starting !

My DD is starting in September would be great to know what boys stuff you have?

Hi Louise

I have to give away navy polo shirts navy joggers ballet shorts and leotards some of which are already too small and others that won't be needed after July as the leotards change in year 9 and my DS is still the size of some year 7's! Feel free to PM me ????

• Like 1

Check out the uniform list on the school website I'll see if I can post a link

Good idea - sorry to confuse everyone - my DD is in Year 7 -they all have the same canvas shoes.  It is probably worth checking on induction day.

The MDS uniform allowance is £682 per year. My dd is not heavy on pointe shoes so has never gone over. We have always managed to buy the next years leotards to finish it off. If you don't use it you lose it ! We get dds pointe and soft blocks elsewhere and send in the receipt to Elmhurst to claim it back. I feel that the allowance goes a long way in the early years ! A majority of the girls wear Bloch Zeniths soft split soled canvas available from the school supplier. No sewing required ????

Hope this works !

BOYS YEARS 7 & 8

ELMHURST DANCE CLOTHING REQUIREMENTS

Leotards

3 Luxury (7073) leotards

1 black tight-fitting T-shirt (available only through Dancing Boutique)

Leg wear

3 pairs black shorts

1 pair black jazz trousers

1 pair black leg warmers (black) 4 pairs white ballet socks

2 pairs black short socks

Shoes

2 pairs white split sole canvas ballet 1 pair black character

1 pair black jazz taps

Belts

3 flesh dance supports

Other requirements:

Regulation white leotard and navy tights if studying RAD

All garments must be named

Hooray got it at last !

Elmhurst School for Dance Girls & Women Uniform List & Guidance

 School Uniform Leotard Colours are only available by the school’s current uniform provider Dancing Boutique

 All garments must be named

 The prescribed dance uniform must be worn in artistic lessons whilst the day uniform should be worn in academic lessons and

around school. Formal dress will be worn on appropriate occasions as directed by the Principal.

 Girls should have shoulder length hair at a minimum, which must be undyed and appropriate to the school activity.

 Girls will require 6 strong bun nets and 3 packs of hair pins.

 Jewellery: With the exception of one pair of stud earrings, no jewellery should be worn in school during the school day. No other

body studs are permitted.

 Makeup should not be worn in years 7-9 during the school day. Discrete makeup is permitted in years 10 upwards.

Leg Wear

Shoes

Skirts

Other requirements

3 Attollo (6243) leotards

3 Matching Belts

7 pairs short pink ballet socks

2 pairs pink seamless ballet tights 1 pair black jazz trousers

2 pairs pink split sole canvas ballet

2 pairs pointe (purchase as required) 1 pair split sole black jazz shoes

1 pair black jazz taps

1 pair black cuban heel character

1 black character with 3 rows of ribbon

RAD Regulation Leotard, Royal Blue or Black in Alice or Bethany style for studying RAD

PITF we actually have 3-4 pairs of canvas ballet shoes on the go at once of two different sizes as they shrink if washed and they get dirty very fast !

We keep one good new pair for shows and appraisals etc. it saves running to the expensive school suppliers ! I always keep a couple at home of a bigger size .

The white trainers are also claimable on MDS grant . Our main expense has been Tap shoes as we have needed 3 sizes in the last year ! - fast growing feet !

Dd hadn't long had a new character skirt when she started so Dancing Boutique just changed ribbons to correct colour for her.

Any brand of shoe is suitable although the teacher will comment if they think it is not suitable.

After first year only ordered leotards from school supplier and odd polo shirt. Stocked up on joggers from M&S - cheaper and lasted longer. Tights, shoes etc online.

Sixth form you need to get Flamenco shoes from school supplier as they are without the tacks.

Enjoy the induction day everyone.

I have small boys day uniform age 9-10 that fitted my small ,then just 11 year old in year 7 as well as jazz pants , leotards and ballet shorts free to collector !

The joggers can be purchased from most school uniform /sports stores for half the price - they use "Russell" brand ad they are long and they like to wear them under their heels !! I tried to get nice M&S ones but he wanted what the other boys had !

The only things you have to get from the "official " suppliers are the tie, the girls top and skirt ,the boys jazz shirt and the blazer , which is rare worn so try to get 2nd hand if you can !

Edited by Billyelliott