NUS Discounts for Upper School students

Anna C

If all 6th form/Upper School parents are already aware of this, feel free to ignore me. :-)

Being 16, my dd now has an NUS Extra card despite being in Year 11, and it's really valuable in terms of discounts. The card costs around £13 a year but will pay for itself in no time.

You have to register here: https://cards.nusextra.co.uk/?utm_source=NUSorg&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=NUSExtra then find your school on the dropdown list.

Most, if not all the Vocational Upper Schools are on the list, including BTUK School, and depending on school and course duration, you can either buy a one year or a three year card. If your 6th form/Upper school is not on the list then just get in touch with the school as all they have to do is email NUS Extra and apply to be registered.

There are all sorts of discounts, including 10% off food at Co-op Food stores, discounts off at shops and restaurants, discounts on 16-25 railcards etc. DD was rather pleased to find out that Hollister currently offer 15% discounts for students if you show your NUS card instore. (Yikes).

• Like 7

If you enter your email address on the first page, and check the box saying "No, this is a new application" (or something similar), the next page you come to has a box saying "Please enter your place of study". If you type in the first few letters of your school, it should appear in the dropdown box.

If I remember rightly, dd's friend applied as soon as she was 16. I applied a month or so ago and it was fine.

• Like 1

Guest dancer2027

Thanks for the reminder, btuk have just been added recently to the NUS card scheme so I will be sending off for mine tomorrow!

• Like 1

Typical

All ENBS has to do is to email NUS Extra with name and address of the school, and a main contact, angel. Would it be worth speaking to the Administrator at ENBS and asking them to do that?

Surely ENBS isn't so small compared with other like institutions?  - is it possible for someone other than their administrator to put them on the list or at least find out about the scheme? It seems crazy for their students to miss out if it's a simple email/phone call.

• Like 1

Size of institution is irrelevant to the NUS - all they want is an email from someone at the school, giving the school's name, address, phone number and a contact name. They then check that the school actually exists and then they add the school to their list. Simple as that.

hi, so I have a slightly stupid question...

I was going to apply and got to the page about what you're studying and got confused!

I'm doing a 2 year HND course (first year HNC) then a degree but I don't know how to put this,

would I put this years dates and select the HNC then change it each year afterwards? or what do I do?

anyone got any advice? :)

Surely ENBS isn't so small compared with other like institutions?  - is it possible for someone other than their administrator to put them on the list or at least find out about the scheme? It seems crazy for their students to miss out if it's a simple email/phone call.

I contacted the administrator after contacting NUSextra and forwarding the email received from them, advising that a phone call was all that was needed .The response was that as an institution ENBS was too small . NUS said that they have to hear from the school directly. Such a shame as the savings would be very useful for the students. (and parents!)

It's bigger than BTUK School, and they have registered with no problem. Do the folks at ENBS realise they don't have to DO anything other than send an email??

Perhaps a group of ENBS parents should do a joint email to the school.....

hi, so I have a slightly stupid question...

I was going to apply and got to the page about what you're studying and got confused!

I'm doing a 2 year HND course (first year HNC) then a degree but I don't know how to put this,

would I put this years dates and select the HNC then change it each year afterwards? or what do I do?

anyone got any advice? :)

Do you have to reaudition for the 3rd year degree? If so, just put the HND course and the start and finish date (2 years). If not, put the Degree and three years. :-)

It's bigger than BTUK School, and they have registered with no problem. Do the folks at ENBS realise they don't have to DO anything other than send an email??

Perhaps a group of ENBS parents should do a joint email to the school.....

They do realise as I forwarded the email from NUS saying exactly that :(

• Like 1

I have been trying to google it, but can't find anything about it. I seem to remember there being made a big fuss about the RBS upper school students being allowed to join the NUS in either my first or 2nd year at the school. I am sure I have a photo with me and a group of students looking at the official document - heavens that would have been way back in '63 or '64! By the way don't forget the last minute ticket discount for students in the theatres - that's a real bonus!

• Like 1