Boys ballet classes

Sarahzip123

We have recently moved to Warwickshire, my son is at London JA's and we are looking for a good ballet class for him. He is in one now but is the only boy and no one speaks to him so he feels isolated!

We left an amazing dance school in Cambridge where there were younger boys, older boys doing all sort of dance. Does anyone know of any dance schools that have boys dancing in Warwickshire or surrounding areas?? Thanks in advance.

Thanks! I thought moving to the Midlands would be easier to find support here for boys, but it seems East of the a country was better. May be someone will come up with something on here. But I fear it's a lonely journey sometimes for a boy and I don't want it to effect his love for ballet.

• Like 1

I would suggest contacting the RAD Midlands group to see if they can advise. They organise the RAD Associates held in Birmingham once a month which has a boys only class as well as level classes and it seems to always be well attended.  I would imagine they must know where some good schools with boys are in your area.  Contact through either the RAD or on their facebook page.

• Like 1

I second 2dancersmum's suggestion about contacting the RAD - and would also ask at JAs whether the teacher or other parents have any recommendations.

Is your son interested in Elmhurst associates? Even if he can't manage Elmhurst associate classes as he travels to London for his JA classes, perhaps Elmhurst could recommend ballet teachers in the Midlands?

I assume you asked his previous teacher for his or her thoughts, but if not then he or she may have contacts in your current area or may at least be better placed to make enquiries on the dance teacher 'grapevine'?

• Like 1

Thank you so much I have been in touch with RAD and they have invited him along on Sunday for the boys ballet class!

That's good news, maybe you can pick the brains of other parents while you are there and see if they know of any good local schools!

• Like 3

Thank you so much I have been in touch with RAD and they have invited him along on Sunday for the boys ballet class!

Are you going to Birmingham RAD for boys classes? We are East Midlands and have same problem finding classes for boys.

Hi, sorry I can't help with your question but we are nr Cambridge and I was wondering what was the dance school your son used to go to? As my friend is looking for a good ballet school for her boys. Thanks