How to tag?

Sarah, if you go to the home page of the forum, there's a "cloud" of what seem to be the most popular tags part-way down in the right-hand column.  There isn't anything "approved" as such, though I agree that it would be most effective if we could be consistent.

Good question, sarah. :-)

In Doing Dance you'll see a fairly consistent lot of tags - if people veer away from these it defeats the object of tagging, so sometimes I do add or edit tags for people.

The most common ones in Doing Dance are:

Holiday Courses - used for summer schools, Easter courses etc.

Associates

Pointe Shoes or Shoes

Finance

Accommodation

Auditions

Lower School

Upper School

Adult Ballet

Names of the schools - self explanatory in most cases except perhaps:

RBS (Royal Ballet School)

NBS (Northern Ballet School, Manchester)

Northern (Northern Ballet Company/Academy, Leeds)

I can't think of any more but if there are any you're unsure of, just ask.

There can be a predefined list for any forum (which I have to put into the system) but the only forum which has one at the moment is Ticket Exchange. Which forum in particular are you concerned about?

I should add that if there are predefined tags you can't add your own except by creating the topic (with or without a predefined tag) and then using the 'Edit tags' button at top right of the thread.

I wasn't able to get tags to work in the testing section but have managed it here. Is there a list of 'approved' tags to choose from?

Thanks

The reason they wouldn't work is that there were some silly predefined ones that blocked it. I've now removed those so you can add tags to Test postings.

Thanks John. Doing Dance is the forum where I feel there are often duplicate postings - the Mods do tidy it up but maybe predefined tags would encourage people to use them? It appeals to my obsessively tidy nature....

• 3 years later...
On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2015 at 21:29, sarahw said:

I wasn't able to get tags to work in the testing section but have managed it here. Is there a list of 'approved' tags to choose from?

Thanks

Well, it's taken a little while, but I noticed when I was trying to tag things the other day that if you start typing a possible tag name suggestions which have already been used start to pop up.  It can be a great saving in time, especially when you're trying to type something like "Annabelle Lopez Ochoa" :) 

• Like 1